Sunday, May 8, 2016


Week 10

I decided to spend and allocate a lot of time talking about a few comics that I really wanted to talk about, and the first one I wanted to talk about is a type comic that I believe you should have a week to allocate time towards as well. Sinfest is a webcomic that I absolutely loved. It was actually one of the most enjoyable reads for me that I have ever experienced in a very simple way. It told the story of characters with obvious flaws, whether it was lust, greed, sloth, or any of the other sins, every single character was a delight to follow. It implements a world where god and the devil exist, the devil, an avid salesman who tries to sell evil to all the characters, and god being a lonely goof who communicates through hand puppets. This form of comics was a delight to read also in part because a strip came out almost every day. Being able to casually read them, or even binge them as a form of a whole comic was a lot of fun. However, this comic unfortunately took a sudden turn and turned into a horrible rant on third wave feminism in recent years, and the recent work has generally been regarded as to have been completely a pointless read  if only to spark anger and arguments on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment