Sunday, May 8, 2016


Week 4

I was pleasantly surprised with Plastic Man. I had expectations going in, and expected a typical hero with twist, but was happy to see the artist use the art and fun of a hero that can stretch and turn into anything, and really have unique and a fun time with it. Art wise it reminded me of the fun and interest of animation, and stretched (no pun intended) the layout of the panels and the shapes. It used interesting plots and found fun ways for the hero to use his abilities to save the day and helped show it in a fun way. The appreciation I have for it was more from a visual sense that stretching made the imagery more fun. Having the character point and lead the audience’s eyes in a fun whacky way was a delight to see. The actual scenarios and plot of the story was pretty generic still, but I had a lot of fun looking at the visuals, as many comics that have super heroes tend to become very generic.

No comments:

Post a Comment