Sunday, May 8, 2016

Week 11


The second comic that I wished to discuss and write about is an awesome and beautiful work called blacksad. I absolutely love Blacksad because of the dark narrative it tells and the incredibly amazing art that it illustrates. The art itself is an amazing find and I made a point to buy it when I went to Europe. I regard blacksad as a great example of work that I wish I could make. It is a constant inspiration for me to follow. The use of watercolor and expressions brought by the characters is fantastic. The compositions are extremely graphic and well thought out and is incredible. It was very Disneyesque but I thought it was done extremely well and almost served as an inspiration towards the recent movie that came out called Zootopia. It was also a real fun treat having the Disneyesque style and art be used to tell a much more unique and darker story than Disney would usually allow.

No comments:

Post a Comment