Sunday, May 8, 2016

Week 7

Barefoot Gen was a strange read and film. The read felt more real and more true to the message and attempt for what was actually being portrayed. While very similar in the manga, the movie was very unbelievable to me in the reactions of the characters. I understood what the movie was trying to get across, and could see what was coming, but the reactions from the characters at times was just simply too strangely done. The voice acting was also very strange to me. The emotional manipulation of the film was very odd to me and was skirting the line between just a documentary, to just a film bout trying to stay optimistic in hard times, to sometimes almost propaganda, and a jab. I have seen this narrative before, and although I enjoyed it to a degree, I felt there were better options for what is relatively a similar story.



No comments:

Post a Comment