Sunday, May 8, 2016

Week 12


One manga that I wanted to talk about was is a manga called Magi, Labyrinth of magic, and is probably one of the only ones that I follow today. It starts out with a relatively average manga adventure story, but very definitely has a strange history and mystery hidden inside of it. What I sometimes say to compare this story to is actually a strange comparison, but to Game of Thrones. I use Game of Thrones because I feel a lot of times is that Game of Thrones does something very hard; it blurs right and wrong in personal decisions very well, and is what I find so fun and interesting about Magi. Eventually as the story goes on, it characters and plot go from a generic good against evil story, and actually starts throwing what are truly hard questions and moral decisions upon characters that create a grey are for the characters to follow. I love that because it adds so much more depth to the characters and story rather than just “Hey hes a badguy kill him.” In this story what is right and wrong are so blurred that even the readers get stumped as to what is the right thing to do. The depth of the world and characters truly add to the story and one particular arc in the story is one of the most amazingly well done arcs I have ever read, to the point where the comic makes you truly think about how you act and people act in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment