Sunday, May 8, 2016

Week 13

Calvin and Hobbes was my childhood. I always woke up on Sunday happy that there was a strip waiting for me by the door. I even spent my money so that I could buy all the anthologies and collections of the comic, and absolutely cherish it. There were a lot of themes with Calvin and Hobbes that even still I realize went over my head as a child. That was part of the incredible charm of Calvin and Hobbes. Is how incredibly complex and adult themes were simplified and expressed through the whimsy of the imaginings and adventures of a child and his stuffed tiger. However these themes were somehow relatable to me as a child, even when sometimes I wouldn’t even understand a lot of them. Themes that include existential crisis’s, to employment and all adult and universal themes were so enjoyable to watch Calvin try to deal with and discuss with his fellow and more mellow philosopher Hobbes.


No comments:

Post a Comment